I have subscribed for a newsletter for my email. This letter will be in the form of an attachment which after downloading will provide me with a pdf document to read.
    It is a daily newsletter.
    Does this involves greater risk of acquiring virus infection. As far as I know viruses come mostly through exe files.Additionally the email site provides antivirus check through Fsecure antivirus.
    Can pdf files carry viruses along with them.
    I am asking because I will be downloading this letter daily for quite sometime to come and I want to measure the risks.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Yes there is a virus that attaches itself to a pdf file. It is called Peachy. The good news is it can only affect those who have the full version of Adobe's Acrobat. The free Acrobat reader cannot activate the virus.
    If you have the full version of Acrobat even then the virus is a dead givaway and has been included in every antivirus program.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Yes there is a virus that attaches itself to a pdf file. It is called Peachy. The good news is it can only affect those who have the full version of Adobe's Acrobat. The free Acrobat reader cannot activate the virus.
    If you have the full version of Acrobat even then the virus is a dead givaway and has been included in every antivirus program.

well.... if they can send one through a jpg then hmm.............
    -Alex
    Be sure to check out my forum at http://johnscompany.net/forum/forum its not as good as help2go but its a little fun place to get advice on computers and talk about other stuf 2.