Thread: Error message

I'm having a problem with the Autorun facility on my computer. It no longer runs. In the past I could put a neww CDRom in the drive, and the program would automatically run / install. But not any more. I've tried going to the start menu & clicking on 'Run' but whenever I do that I get an error meesage saying "ISSET_SE caused a general protection fault in module SETUP.EXE at 0001:00002d08" and then a list of registeres etc.

Does anyone know what this ISSET_SE message means and how to cure it? I can't even load my master disc to re-configure the whole system, because it won't load the CD. Am I to be stuck with a faulty system for ever?

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

This can be caused by Norton Anti system oops I mean Anti Virus if the Autoprotect is active and/or auto update is active.
    Also the MS Intellimouse Auto update can cause this problem.
    The fix:
    Norton AutoProtect Is Enabled
    Disable Norton AutoProtect Mode. To do so, right-click the Norton icon on the taskbar, and then click Disable.

- You Use LiveUpdate to Download Norton AntiVirus
    Obtain the latest version of LiveUpdate for Norton AntiVirus from Symantec's Web site. For more information about how to obtain LiveUpdate, contact Symantec Technical Support.

- The Point32 Program Is Running
    Quit the Point32 program by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Close Program dialog box, clicking Point32, clicking End Task, and then clicking End Task again.

- The Mswheel Program Is Running
    Quit the Mswheel program by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Close Program dialog box, clicking Mswheel, clicking End Task, and then clicking End Task again.
    The above is for Win 98