Thread: startup

I am running windows 2000, I was wondering how to get to the start up so I can choose the programs to run when windows starts? I have tried msconfig on run, but it doesn't work on 2000. :smile:

x-setup it can modify way more than your startup menu great for any user into ustomization
    -Alex
    Be sure to check out my forum at http://johnscompany.net/forum/forum its not as good as help2go but its a little fun place to get advice on computers and talk about other stuf 2.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Disabling startup programs within Windows 2000 isn't nearly as simple as it is in Windows 9x/Me, where you can manage that task from within the System Information program. The only way to disable startup items that aren't in your Startup folder is to open up Regedit and browse to [HLKMSOFTWAREMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONRUN]. From there, you can manually delete the values, which are starting the unwanted applications. We would recommend that you export the values that you intend to delete, however, just in case you make an error.

Default start up

I recently downloaded a program that manages start up programs, and am very happy now. Thank for the suggestions!