Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dump AOL

Default Dump AOL

Several weeks ago a quesdtion was asked about getting AOL completely out of their machine. I am changing to another ISP. Could you repeat your answer? I run AMD Athlon 950-40 gig Windows ME.
    Wayne In Atlanta

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

To uninstall AOL
    Click the Start button, then Settings, then Control Panel.
    When the Control Panel window opens double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Locate and click on AOL, then click the Add/Remove button.
    When it's finished removing the program click OK to close the window and allow the computer to restart.

To remove AOL adapters
    Click the Start button, then Settings, then Control Panel.
    When the Control Panel window opens double-click on the Network icon and remove any AOL adapters (they will be clearly marked as AOL adapter).

When it's finished removing it click OK to close the window and allow the computer to restart.

If you follow all these steps, once your machine restarts, you will have successfully removed AOL from your computer.

A reminder: AOL, like any provider, has a specific process to cancel your service with them. Simply removing AOL from your machine and signing up with another provider does not discontinue your service with AOL. You will need to contact them and receive a confirmation number to establish you have discontinued service.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

AOL is unremovable I suggest (sensibly) removing all files in your computer that say AOL. I do it periodocially. Run some spyware removal program to get rid of the spystuff in it

Default Dump AOL

Thanks for your answers. I understand it is almost impossilbe to get rid of everything that is AOL. I just wanted to get as much out as possible. I finally had enough with AOL. Too crowded. too many disconnects, too many freeze ups. Thanks again for your help.
    Wayne In Atlanta

http://9337387.home.icq.com/main7.html
    Cleaning Out AOL From Your Computer

AOL is the demon I suggest never using it... of course you allready probably know my view on AOL

Default AOL

Also enjoy getting the AOL customer service off your back, I had AOL for I think two weeks and I called to cancel, well they asked alot of questions tried to keep me with there service, I had to tell them take me off your calling list, and never call again, but I still recieve there AOL free hours constantly. Good Luck and Smart move getting rid of Aol

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

AOL are in panic mode. There are numerous stories about their tactics that has been taken to Washington. Wait for heads to roll.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

AOL is near bankruptcy they reported 48 billion dollars in losses last quarter!

Aol in trouble....yippee There is a God, and as for them getting in trouble with there sales tactics, good. I can't wait to hear about what happens. They need to be fined and thrown into Bancruptcy....lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast