Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default File removal problem

I tried to download a film clip from winMX. After waiting over a week i decided to give up. I tried to delete the small amount that was on my drive but it won't let me delete it. I keep getting a message saying it is being used by another person or program.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

One MAJOR problem with downloading anything via P2P programs is you never know exactly what you are getting. In your case I suspect more than a movie.
    If it is indeed a movie then close any media player that may be running then delete the file. Many media players run in the background. Real One is one of those.
    I would run a virus scan and look for a trojan as well.
    If this fails and you have Win98/ME then boot into safe mode or dos and delete the file.
    If XP go to http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...01060608000039
    for instructions.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Thanks Whoozhe. It worked.

garg.....p2p....illeagal....evil....SINNER.........
    I reached nirvana......i think.....na....

i have the same problem, dlded a divx movie, and it won't delete, says it is in use by another program. have done several virus scans, and shut all media players, to no avail. have now tried safe mode (i'm usin XP Home) but i'm still getting the same message. Also, whenever i go near the file, my whole computer slows right done and my free RAM drops thru the floor. Any ideas what to do?

I would suggest safe mode then make sure no programs are running. Run a virus scan, and try again...

what are you using for p2p LIMEWIRE seems to be the safest way to go without all the ads and crap from kazaa

have tried safe mode, made sure no progs running, done a virus scan, still no luck, same message every time. it's really winding me up now!

download different copy

i don't want another copy of it, I just wanna delete the copy i've got, since it's takin up space on my HD and Explorer slows right down when I go to that directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast