Carl Andrew

Default windows installer

I have been trying to load championship manager 4 onto my computer and the following message is appearing.

"The installation package cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service. You must install a windows service pack that contains a newer version of the Windows installer service.
    D:\CM4 msi"

Can anyone tell me what i need to do?

Try going to windows update and see if there is a Microsoft installer update.
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone

Version2 for Windows 95, 98, and Me
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...2-DE3BB768148F

the install thing might have a newer version, if so install it
    -Alex
    Be sure to check out my forum at http://johnscompany.net/forum/forum its not as good as help2go but its a little fun place to get advice on computers and talk about other stuf 2.

kieran

Default HELP? CAN ANY ONE HELP ME WITH WINDOWS INSTALLER ?

I have the same problem as that carl andrew person who quoted. I just am little happy that someone else has the same problem as me. but i can't find/get WINDOWS INSTALLER SERVICE, can some one help me now? :evil: :x

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

dimitrios

Default dwros21@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Andrew
    I have been trying to load championship manager 4 onto my computer and the following message is appearing.

"The installation package cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service. You must install a windows service pack that contains a newer version of the Windows installer service.

:arrow: :twisted:

Default Re: windows installer

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Andrew