Default Password for Windows Media Player and Real Jukebox Plus

Is there a way to password protect Windows Media Player and Real Jukebox Plus in order to prevent unauthorized use. I have the most recent version of Windows Media Player 7 and the Real Jukebox pay version just before Real One was created. I am running Windows 98SE.

Thank you,

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I know of none but that doesn't mean there is not a way.
    You can password protect a folder but with most so called protection in Windows it can be circumvented.
    My suggestion is if the files are not on the hard drive then they cannot be accessed.
    Burn your media files as data to a cd and delete them off the HD.
    Simple solution without the hassles.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Thanks for the advice Whooze.

And since you mentioned that it is possible to password protect a folder, how do you do it? I know how to password protect a single file, by using the general options in Word, Excel, etc., but it would be handy to be able to password protect a whole folder. Please send instructions.....thankyou.

You will need software to passprotect files+folders. I use PGP (pretty good privacy) windows can set it so only certain users can read/write through (BY looking at properties)
    -Alex
    Be sure to check out my forum at http://johnscompany.net/forum/forum its not as good as help2go but its a little fun place to get advice on computers and talk about other stuf 2.