Default Internet problems

Hi, I'm having problems with the internet. I am connecting fine and getting to websites without problems but I am having trouble with links. For instance, when I just tried to open up an attachment to an e-mail a new window opens but the attachment does not open. I have tried everything in internet settings but cannot seem to rectify the problem. The same thing happens in websites where you click on an underlined word to bring up the link. If I had the address of the link I could put that in the address bar and go there but clicking on it will not initiate this. Please help, I desperately need to get an attachment open on my blueyonder account. thanks

Go here: New window is blank or nothing happens when you click a link http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q281679
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone