Default keyboard maddness

I have a toshiba laptop about 4 years old....660 mx windows 98SE, IE6 which i recently downloaded. typing now crazy other letters, symbols, appear, cursor jumps off, jumps to capital letters. also changes pages.
    can anyone help? thanks....I tried to air blow the keys..... also works fine the first hour.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

You clue to what is needed is that it works for an hour after blowing the dust and debris out.
    I would say that there is something lodged withing the keyboard that is not coming out.
    With lap tops I would seek a technician.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

I have to agree with whoozhe on the getting the techichian to do it. laptops are very pesky to work with and ard to upgrade. Only a professional should mess with them, not to mention that everything is so small and compressed it is hard to see things. Your laptop migt have a pop out keypad look at the the top of it for buttons, tabs, etc.
    -Alex
    Be sure to check out my forum at http://johnscompany.net/forum/forum its not as good as help2go but its a little fun place to get advice on computers and talk about other stuf 2.