Thread: un-welcomed

Robert

Default un-welcomed

Hello,
    I’m having problems logging on to Windows XP (pentium 4; 2.4GB). Sometimes I get the voice message that the system failed due to overclocking. Other times, the computer won't log on. It runs through the process of logging in, then just after the "Welcome" logo comes on, the computer shuts and reboots, over and over again.
    Anything you can do to help me with this frustrating problem would be very much appreciated.
    8O
    Robert

Are you overclocking?

Cheers

Robert

I do get the voice message that at times the computer is failing to log on because of overclocking and when I restart it, it used to be OK. So, I guess it is overclocking but it's nothing I purposely set it to do.
    Thank you.
    Robert

Has somebody worked on it? Change any of the jumpers on the mother board.

Did you assemble this PC your self?

My understanding about overclocking is basically increasing the voltage to the motherboard, so unless somebody has changed jumpers, my first GUESS would be maybe the power supply is not regulating the voltage correctly, putting out more than it should.

If it were my PC I would be off to a quality shop and have it looked at/repaired ASAP. Overclocking creates much more heat and can/will destroy componets.

Cheers

And / Or start fires.
    Joe -