Thread: dvd playback

Default dvd playback

I'm having trouble playing DVD's on my computer. When I try to play them, they are delayed and the video and audio are not synchronized. The video delays while the sound keeps going. At first I thought it was my ram that was the problem but when I upgraded to 1gig, the problem still continued. I also hardly have any background applications running. I also have a 1.3GHz processor and 16x DVD-rom. Can anyone help!?? :?:

Default dvd playback

I forgot to mention that I am using Intervideo WinDVD that came with dvd drive.

You did not say what OP system you are using. If you have XP try running the XP Media Player and see what happens.

If you don't have a CD Lens cleaning disk you need to get one.

Also if you have not run your Disk Clean Up and Defrag lately you need too.

Cheers

cdm

check your video graphics card. You might need to upgrade your driver or get a better card.
    If it is to be me, it is to be me.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Ram is not the real problem. I can run a DVD on a 1.2 mhtz machine with 256 ram and a small 11 meg intergrated graphic card ram.
    If this happens to every DVD then I would have the DVD drive checked out.
    Also check your system for programs running in the background.
    I suggest you read the article "Protecting Your Computer Is Not That Hard" under the let menu item "Dangers to your PC"

The other alternative is to buy a DVD decoder card This provides for a far superior DVD experience.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

What additional codecs have you installed, if any?
    You can go here for Nimo codec packs. View the links for the specs of each pack offered near the top of the page.
    http://nimo.titanesk.com/modules/fre...index.php?id=2

Default thanks

thanks guys, I ended up upgrading my video card to a 128 DDR, and it works. I also noticed that when I resize the resolution, the playback is much much faster.