neil

Default file wont delete

I downloaded a pic from kazza it is a png file i can not delete it i have try-ed to drag it into the recycle and also by right click delete it say i can not delete it because access is denied I have win98 any suggestions will be great thanks for all the previous help .

It's probably because a program that is open is using it .

Right click on each program that is showing on the bar next to the time & close ( or exit ) .
    Leave the speaker .

To finish off , press , Ctrl / Alt / Delete together . Click each item , 1 at a time in the box showing & click End Task .
    Don't delete , Explorer & Systray .

neil

Default file wont delete

Thanks Jmatt that is not working I have only viewed the pic with ACDsee
    there is something suss about this file even when i click on it causes the folder to freeze I can not shift to another folder or change the file type i have try-ed every thing I can think of any more ideas would be really appreciated thanks.

Reboot the computer in safe mode (press f8 while booting>select safemode from menu). Once you have deleted the file it may be a good idea to run a virus scan.
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone