Thread: stealthing

dudewithbighair

Default stealthing

is there any way i can hide my ip adress (like make a proxy on my machine)? Can i use a program to do this? Or can i tell sites a different ip than the one i have ? etc. etc. etc.
    Any help apprecieted!
    Thanks,
    dudewithbighair

Member Help2Go Moderator

umm...i'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss this on this forum...so i'll wait for the "ok" before posting anything. :?

dudewhopostedit

this isnt to be bad or anything, im just concerned about my privacy, as I have learnt the lesson more than once of giving out my informatrion. Also the fact that people can get my ip easily caused me to be chased by a hacker for over a year now and be alert all the time. I just dont want more hackers after me.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

You can but in many cases hiding you IP address will prevent you viewing pages and using many messengers.
    Most instant messenger have a built in way of hiding your IP.
    unless you have a static IP address then I would not be too concerned as every time you dial in it changes.
    You are better off concentrating on having a good anti virus program (AVG recommended) and a firewall (Zone Alarm)
    Those pop up ads you see about IP addresses are nothing but ads to sell junk.
    Even if you did use IP hiding software there is no guarantee it will keep you safe.
    Oh it will not work with OAL at all.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

AOL now has a Popup Stopper that works fine.

adudewhopostedthefirstpos

thanks for the responses, sometimes sites get my subnet mask, and sometimes my real ip, i had outpost firewall and AVG but now i have gone over to the dark side (norton) and it can stop certain data from leaving for example my ip, thanks for your time.
    Dude with big hair