Default Lavasoft Ad-ware scanning

I am using Lavasoft adware for scanning. Every time after scanning I am getting more than 20 objects as scan results. Category of item mostly is, “Data Miner”. I select and delete all these items.

But next day I am again getting 20 or more objects as scan results, mostly data miner. Is there a way to permanently remove these items?

They do get removed the firts time. Chaces are after you scan you use the internet and go surfing. While surfing you pic up more data miners. How to stop getting them? Quit using the internet :lol:
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone

These are more than likely being stored on your computer in your cookie folder. Turn off your cookies and you should no longer get these, or other cookies. If going to a site that requires cookies to be on, then go in and turn them back on. When leaving that site, turn the cookies back off.

You can easily prevent this garbage from getting on your computer. I use Spyware Blaster, a free program from Wilders Security. Since using it and updating it frequently (all very easy to do) I have NO Data Miner or other spyware for AdAware to find!! It blocks over 460 nasty cookies. 8)

Find it here:

http://www.wilderssecurity.net

Happy safe and painless surfing

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

A couple of things to do before scanning with Adaware.
    First run IE and clear out the Temporary Internet Files and other temp files.
    You will find the tools to do both by clicking Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools (In XP the second part is called All Programs)
    Now run Adaware.
    You may find the incident of data miners reduce. The reason for this is many data miners are not stored as cookies but are only a temp file that have no real sisnister puprpose. Most often these are just simple tools a web site uses but can be interpreted as bad.
    If you keep getting the same data miners daily then I would guess that they come from a web site you visit each day, maybe the one you have set as your home page.
    The best thing to do is read the privacy statement for each site then decide if you want to accept their conditions.
    Now on to cookies. There are good and bad. The good are the ones that store you password and logon name that eliminate having to enter them when visiting a particular site. The bad are the ones that send information to a third party.
    You can prevent the third party types with a setting in IE.
    Click Tools/Internet Options/Privacy and click on the Advance Button.
    Check the "Overide Cookie Settings" then check Accept in the First Party Cookies and Block in the Third Party Cookies.
    This may prevent some sites from opening but my rule is if they insist on third party cookies I don't want to be there.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.