Default here comes summer

Ahh school is finally out.. and so is the heat..
    my computer is giving me blue screen alot.. but mainly when im playin video games..i fear its a heat issue but im not sure

I have an AMD chip (2000+) and as most kno the AMD chips tend to run at a little higher heat, i also have the side of my case off with a box fan blowing on it and my chips have collected a little dust.. how do i kno its not a virus but an heat issue?

cdm

When you're getting blue screens when playing video games - could be your video card that might be giving u some trouble. What kind of card do you have installed? And what is the specific error?
    If it is to be me, it is to be me.

I have got a Radeon 9500 Pro
    I dont get a blue screen of death.. i just get a blue screen.. lighter blue then the blue screen of death color lol i think it might be the heat..

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Chances are it is the blue screen of death but because it is probably related to graphics the text is not shown.
    Games are nortorious for making alterations to system files.
    Dumpr the games, reinstall all drivers (new ones) then only install one game at a time. You will soon find the bad one.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Also leaving your case open is a BAD idea!!! You will collect dust and actually it can cause your pc to over heat even more so than with the cover on your case. If your amd is running too hot then get a couple new case fans.
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone

i reinstalled evvvvverrything.. seems to be warcraft 3 that was causing the errors.. thanks to everyone for your help!