Default Eudora E-mail???

Hi:
    My system...Dell 4100,P3,Win 98se,default e-mail= MS Outlook Express...
    I have a friend that I communicate with that has pretty much the same system as I, but he uses Eudora e-mail program as his default e-mail. Don't ask me why, but he does!

Anyway...Whenever I send him an e-mail with an attachment. .jpg, etc, he opens it just fine. Whenever he forwards me an e-mail that has an enclosed attachment (.Jpg), this is all I recieve (which is text only)

(Attachment Converted "c:\program Files\a95 eudora\attach\pano 1.jpg")

This is all I recieve, each and every time he forwards anything to me. He also claims, that I'm the only one on his list that this happens to, and that it is on my end. I am definitally sure it is not on my end, and that he doesn't have something configured right on his computer, or with that Eudora program he uses.

Any input would be greatly Appreciated...
    Thanks..
    Joe (Calif)

Does anyone in the group here use Eudora e-mail, that could pass any info on to me, so I can possibly help him out with this

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

To put your mind at ease, your friend uses Eudora simply because it is better than outlook.
    Ever notice how 99% of viruses use Outlook's address book to spread them selves. It is rare to read that a virus/trojan uses Eudora's or Incredimail's (my favorite) Address book.
    Anyhow the reason you can't see the JPG could be that Outlook sees them as a virus (duh) To overcome that you have to lower the security settings in Outlook.
    Start Outlook Express.
    On the Tools menu, click Options.
    Click the Security tab, click to clear the Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus check box under Virus Protection, and then click OK.
    To better protect yourself from viruses to set your Anti Virus software to scan attachments for viruses.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Email notification seems to be buggy.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.