donna

Default Help me please!!!! Incredimail folders and address book

I reformatted my hard drive and saved all my folders, messages and contacts. I have put them back on the computer but I can't seem to get them back into Incredimail. I have them in ProgramFiles/Incredimail/Data/Identities/......big long number...../MessageStore

What have I done wrong? Can somebody please help me as I really need to get access to all the info in these folders

Thanks,
    Donna

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

What you should have done is used Incredimail's Data And Settings Transfer tool found under File. This was designed to create a restorable file that includes address book and all data.
    If you didn't do the following.
    You need to recreate the Identity exactly the same as it was before, including any folders you may have created in the folders section of Incredimail. This will create a new sub folder under Identities but with a new loooong number. The new files must have the same name as the old ones. IE imh and imm files.
    Once created simply copy the old files over the new ones.
    You should also be able to do the same with the address book.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

donna

Default How do I recreate the identity?

Thankyou so much for replying.....

I'm not that great with this stuff (otherwise I probably would have done the right thing in the first place ).

Can you tell me how to recreate the identity?

Thanks again,
    Donna

Quote Originally Posted by whoozhe
    You need to recreate the Identity exactly the same as it was before, including any folders you may have created in the folders section of Incredimail. This will create a new sub folder under Identities but with a new loooong number. The new files must have the same name as the old ones. IE imh and imm files.
    Once created simply copy the old files over the new ones.
    I recently installed Incredimail on hubby's computer, renamed "Main Identity" to one he uses. I then created an account for this identity and imported his mail. Next I set up a second identity and a separate account for that identity (so he would have separate inboxes, etc.) and imported mail into that one. Everything appears to be working fine, but in the course of trying to figure out if we could ever switch him back to OE if needed I went looking for the storage files for the mail.

I had installed Incredimail in another partition and these are the folders that are there:

Incredimail
    >bin
    >Data
    >>>Animation
    >>>Default Identity
    >>>>>Message Store
    >>>>>>>Folders.imm
    >>>>>>>Inbox.imh
    >>>>>>>Inbox.imm

Am wondering why both identities do not show up and this one is still named "Main Identity"? Also, you were talking about a long #???

The inbox does have a little in it, and he has sent and received messages, but these are not showing up in this folder. I have searched for another folder, but there is none. Any idea where the real email storage is??? Am thinking maybe I did something out of sequence in setting up identities or maybe Incredimail only works on the system drive? He has a dual boot system so his system drive for XP is actually D:

I sure appreciate any help. Thanks!

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

You should be able to replace the default files you listed with the ones you saved as long as they have the same name. Once that is done recreate the folders you had originally then copy those over the newly created ones.
    As for OE you can import from but not export to.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.