Default Illegal operation>>Idiot at the controls

the other day I deleted something the wrong way, and afterwards things just haven't been running the same for me..I have a pentium 3 256 and running windows 98...recently I had a program called freedom installed (through sympatico) for my virus protection, I didn't get a firewall at this time...I had someone help me somewhat in getting things back to a certain kind of normal but now I am having another problem..seems everytime I open or close a window I get the box that comes up that says Iexplore..and then says that it has preformed an illegal operation..the first time that it did this I looked under details and it said invalid page fault in module kernnel 32 DLL at 016f:bff9Db61...then yesterday it was saying invalid page fault in WSEM218.DLL at 016f:01422830...I should add also that after I fixed, and I use that term loosely, I installed the version 6 internet explorer...I need some advise as to how to get rid of that annoying box, cus it keeps closing down whatever I am in....please keep in mind that I do understand instructions but need them to be as simple as can be

Edited (please to not print in large coloured format .. every post is treated equally, besides it hurts the eyes. Canuck )

HI

You have spyware\malware on your computer...most likely this BHO is causing the problem...

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8F4E5661-F99E-4B3E-8D85-0EA71C0748E4} - C:\WINDOWS\wsem218.dll

Please Download hijackthis from

http://computercops.biz/zx/phoenix22/hijackthis.zip

Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

After the scan has finished the "scan" button will turn into a "save log" button

save the log file and paste it here

Do not delete anything yet, as most things hijackthis finds are harmless and needed.

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -

not too sure that I have this spyware on my pc...I went into the link you gave me but nothing came up as to scanning anything just said something about a license....now it is up on my desktop...anymore suggestions, and remember I am not too smart on this pc business

The link works ... you're supposed to download hijackthis and run it on your pc.

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

You probably have the Twain-Tech BHO.
    Have a look at http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/t/twain-tech.asp
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.