Unwanted Guest

Default Video Broadcast Webcam

Hey I was wondering if there is a program that can use a video file to create a virtual webcam? I have AIM and i'd like to use the webcam feature to send some video clips to a friend. Is it possible?

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Not sure what you want.
    If you want to simply send a video clip to someone, you may need to compress it to a smaller size or reduce the frame size.
    Most cams come with sofware that can capture video but usually in AVI format which produces huge files. You can use one of many available AVI-MPEG or DIVX converters and reduce the frame size and rate to make the file small enough to send over the net. DIVX is the smallest size that retains a reasonable qulity
    If you are talking about Live Video then AIM 5.5 or above includes streaming video. Alternatively Yahoo messenger.
    Another free video streaming messenger are Eyeball Chat,
    For better quality there is the pay for ISPQ or PalTalk.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

If I understand you, you want to show a video clip to a friend using the AIM messenger webcam feature. In effect you want to broadcast a videoclip to this friend?

There are several programs that allow you to do this. Two popular ones are:

Softcam http://www.luminositi.com/

AND

Camtasia: http://www.techsmith.com/products/st...asiaStudioHome

I believe both offer free trials.

Unwanted Guest

Hey those two programs are good for screen capturing, but isn't there some program that can create a "virtual webcam" straight from a video file?[/quote]

I believe those programs can do that, they are not just for capture. I have not used them myself but I have seen one of them in action when a friend used one to show me an animation clip. I'm afraid I do not know how to do it personally.