Thomas2002

Default A website set itself as hompage overriding my settings

A web search website (address: res://bynmj.dll/index.html#96676) set itself as my homepage. When I tried to get rid off it by retyping in the 'Internet Settings' menu it set itself back. Then I tried to find the '.dll' or any file related to this page, since I suppose it`s hidden somewhere in my PC, but without any success.
    This website supports lots of popups mainly about similar sites. Also, when I type in the address bar ,for example 'google.com' it doesn't take me to 'google' but instead it shows it's own results. If I want to get to a particular site I have to type the full name with 'www' which usually wasn't necessary before.
    Also, when in Google, for example, I search for other sites as soon as the results show up in Google this new site pops up giving a list of it's own results, mainly about similar sites again.
    As you can see, it's really annoying and I haven't seen anything like this before. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or know how to get rid off it. I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance 8O

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Please read the following article and do as asked, if after you still have the problem post your Hijackthis log. http://www.help2go.com/postt8026.html