Thread: ODBC drivers

sak

Default ODBC drivers

An error message pops up when I try to run Data Sources (ODBC)(Control Panel):"The ODBC resource DLL (odbcint.dll is a different version than the administrator(odbcad32.dll). You need to reinstall the ODBC components to ensure proper operation. Proceed?" After "Yes" a new message pops up: "The ODBC installer dll (odbccp32.dll) is not installed on this system."
    Running mdac_type.exe does not help. Can somebody help? Thanks.

You could try this -
    Download and install the latest version of the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC). This package updates all ODBC and the newer OLE DB drivers and resources on the system. The latest version of MDAC can be downloaded from the following Microsoft Web site:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...dataaccess.asp

Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

sak

Default Re: ODBC drivers

Quote Originally Posted by sak
    An error message pops up when I try to run Data Sources (ODBC)(Control Panel):"The ODBC resource DLL (odbcint.dll is a different version than the administrator(odbcad32.dll). You need to reinstall the ODBC components to ensure proper operation. Proceed?" After "Yes" a new message pops up: "The ODBC installer dll (odbccp32.dll) is not installed on this system."
    Running mdac_type.exe does not help. Can somebody help? Thanks.
    I've tried that, installing 2.8 - it does not help. I've also tried the latest version of 2.7 - does not work either.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

What I found out was: With one of the trial version installations I've got the Japaneese version of odbcad32.exe, which is an odbc administrator. The English version of the program has a number, lesser than Japaneese one, and that prevents the right version to override the wrong one. Does anybody know the way to enforce the installation of the older version over the newer one?

Thanks,

sak