becci_04

Default internet problems

my younger siblings play on a website called neopets but when they tried to buy something from the shops or put money in their banks, a message came up saying "ERROR : Oops you have been directed to this page from the wrong place! If you KEEP getting this error, chances are you have some security settings enabled that are not letting you play Neopets correctly". i have checked all the settings and i cant see anything wrong. can someone please help me fix this. thanks

I am not familiar with the game, but you can check and change the security settings of your internet browser. What operating system are you using and more important is what internet browser are you using? It very likely has something to do with your cookie settings for security. Charlie

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

This is generally a security measure taken by some sites.
    If the youngans accessed this site/page via a link from elsewhere then that could be the problem.
    Strip the site's address back to before the third / that is to http://domain.com/ or http://domain.co.uk/

Navigate to the appropriate area from this opening page.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default HELP ME!

hey...

i have the same problem as becci_04

what do i need to fix the cookies....?

If you could help me it would be greatly appreciated

Regards...
    Ashleigh

In Internet Explorer, click on "tools" at the top of page. Then click on "internet options","privacy". This will bring up a slide bar that you can adjust from low to high security. This controls your cookie settings. I wouldn't recommend going below medium. I'm not sure we established that cookies were her problem; it was a possibility.

Default Re: internet problems

Quote Originally Posted by becci_04
    my younger siblings play on a website called neopets but when they tried to buy something from the shops or put money in their banks, a message came up saying "ERROR : Oops you have been directed to this page from the wrong place! If you KEEP getting this error, chances are you have some security settings enabled that are not letting you play Neopets correctly". i have checked all the settings and i cant see anything wrong. can someone please help me fix this. thanks

TUG

I'm had the same problem, in my case it was due to some sort of Hijacker (at least I think that's what midADdle is, all I know is that's what it was named).

Run one of those ad/spyware detection programs and see if anything odd comes up. That might indicate a possible source of the problem.

Kind of ironic my meeting you here because I made my account here to have the same problem fixed and managed to get it taken care of. I wish I could tell you what I did to fix the problem, but my friend did it for me before I could post here and I'm clueless as to what she did.

(I want to make it clear that I'm only telling what worked in my case and opening up another possibility as to the problem's source. If I knew how my friend managed to fix it I'd tell you.)

I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same problem are there any tips on how I can fix this?

pokemonfan:

You must start your own topic and state the question/problems you are having.

This topic is locked.

Cheers