Remedy233

Default Sound Problems! (!HeLp!)

My speakers are plugged in they are turned on....no sound! ......what do i do :?: :?: what is wrong :?: help :!: :!: :!:

Hi
    Have you got the speaker jack plug in the correct socket at back of pc have you removed jack plug and replaced it in wrong socket try another socket,[ done it myself before] worth a look.
    If it is not that what o/s are you running.

Regards Stoney

Did the speakers work previously and just recently stop working? Have you made any recent changes to your computer? Charlie

Remedy233

They were working fine.....then i took the plug out and connected it to my portable cd player to see if it would play.... then it played .... then i put the speaker plug back in the right jack and now no sound plays......

A couple of basic things to check first. Make sure the external power supply is plugged in securely and that the socket is funtioning, plug a light or something into it to be sure you have current. Make sure the power connector is firmly plugged into the speakers. Make sure the speaker jack is firmly plugged into the correct speaker jack on computer (it's easy to mix it up with the microphone jack). All basic stuff, but since they were working until you disconnected them, the problem is probably somewhere in your reconnection. If that doesn't take care of it, check the volume settings on your computer. Charlie

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Some details are needed.
    Souncard make and model
    Speakers make and model
    CD Player make and model
    Not all speakers are the same. Connecting speakers specifically designed for sound cards to another device can fry the speakers and is some cases damage the appliance. The main variance is empedence (resistance) value.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

remedy233

o well i did plug the speakers in to my cd player and it worked....but do u think i fryed the speakers?....how do u know if they are fried?

HI

Do you know anyone who has a set of old working computer speakers,

ones they do not use any more, as long as you ask them to check they still work on there computer first, if so try them on your computer, and if they work it should rule out an onboard problem with your pc.

As far as your speakers are concerned do you know any one that has an old base unit that they no longer use, and they are not worried about, then you could try them on that

Sure there is another way of testing speakers but not sure.

Regards Stoney