Default Removing Name from Search Results

I contacted Google Help about removing my name from its search results -(my name shows up on an internet page). Google Help says I have to request removal from the page's webmaster. How do I identify and contact the webmaster?

Thank as always

If you give us the site maybe somebody can help you ID the webmaster.

Cheers

If there is nothing obvious on the page itself that ID's the webmaster the first thing I would try is send an email to help@sitenamehere.com OR abuse@sitenamehere.com and ask to be removed. Depending on the nature of your circumstances you could also politely state that otherwise you will be seeking legal advice on the matter.

Note I have used .com as an example only...use the same ending as the page in question eg .com .org .net or whatever it happens to be.

If there is no response go here and do a "who is" look up http://www.betterwhois.com/ This may give a geographical address og the site owner to attempt further contact. But in any case you will see who this sites ISP (internet service provider) is against "name server". You could then contact the ISP in question and explain your problem to them. (most ISP's will have ways of contacting them on their websites). It may be that the unauthorised presence of your name on that particular site is against the ISP's terms of service.

This is all very subjective of course depending on the site and why your name is there. Others here might well be able to give much better advice.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

For google to add your name/nickname to it's search engine it has to find it first.
    This is either via a Web Site you own, in which case you can alter the HTML code so it is bypassed by search engines and web crawlers or from another site.
    If your name is grabbed from another site, ususally forums like this one, then there is little you can do. Not many Webmasters will alter code to suit one person.
    If it is a forum like this and you are a registered member, in most cases you can remove your own posting.
    Some sites in which you participate may have conditions that your content becomes the site's owner's property. If you accepted the conditions there is nothing you can do.
    One thing to keep in mind is that EVERY word you type in any site is deemed to be published and is subject to that county's publication laws.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.