Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GLB1A2B.EXE

Default Read That One Too

Or one similar. Just for grins I clicked on unwise.exe and got the uninstall screen. Then I clicked on GLB1a2b.exe and got an entirely different screen. Still not trying to argue with you, and as I say, haven't experienced any of the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth that some apparently have experienced. Seems to be a difference of opinion similar to the Wild Tangent thing. I still have an Icon for it in control panel. I think there are instructions for getting rid of the icon floating around on this board somewhere. It also doesn't seem to cause me trouble. I don't remember ever being hijacked (I use regprot). Sometimes I and/or my son get byte/verify, don't know for sure which site it comes from.

Thanks again for your research.

Alex

At the Ad-aware forum it is hard to nail anybody down to a direct answer. They do have a post that says to be sure to download latest update so they are aware of a problem. I just downloaded the latest update (#333), ran a scan on my XP comp, then checked for glb1a2b.exe. It wasn't there, so perhaps Ad-aware has fixed the problem.

Default GLB1A2B.exe

I too found this GLB1A2B.exe while going through the program control in Zone Alarm. I do find it interesting that this particular .exe gave itself permission to access my local netwrk, the internet and also the ability to send mail. I wonder why a unwise file remaned would need to send mail??? Anyone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12