Default Windows 2000 Server

I leave my server display on the monitor at the desktop, when I periodically go in to check on it is is at the screensaver and then when I hit a key it pops to the login screen. How do I stop this from happening? I think this is messing up me Backup every night after i leave.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Rt click on desktop>Properties>Screen Saver Tab>In monitor power click Power button>Advanced Tab>deselect the 'Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby' box. Hope this helps. Get back and let us know.

No those settings are correct.

_Barb_OZ_

Does anyone have a Windows 2000 server cd key.. that they are not using anymore due to upgrading? If so please email me (edited)

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

_Barb_OZ_ , This is not an appropriate question for this site. We do not support those who use pirated software .. I can only assume this, because if it is a legal copy and registered in your name, you could get a Key from Microsoft.

Secondly, please do not post on someone else's thread, if you have a legitimate question, please create a New Topic and we will try and help.

Third, it is not the best idea to put your e-mail address in a post, 1) because we do not answer to e-mails and 2) I shall delete it for your safety and security.

I will not lock this post down as ginabops problem has not been solved. Should anyone have further ideas for her, please assist.