Default What is hpohmr08.exe? Its yet another error prompt (HJT)

I've inherited another error prompt when I load my pc. This one goes by the name hpohmr08.exe, and believe me, I have no idea what that means. I have another that I can't remember off the top of my head. I have to go into task manager and end tasks to solve that problem as well. I would appreciate any insight into my problem. :?:

It appears to a Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging program that you have loading/running.

Cheers

Default the other program error Dlgli1.exe

...almost forgot, the other program error I'm receiving is Dlgli1.exe
    Thats the one that started first. I'm always having to pull up task manager and ending svchost.exe twice (wich isn't responding) and also ending Misr.exe (I'm pretty sure that's what it's referenced as). Again, I really appreciate any insight into this nightmare.

Steve

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Your Dlgli1.exe is related to a Colorado (HP) storage Driver and appears to be a driver for windows 98se. Whether it will work with Windows 2000 I'm not sure. Try downloading a driver for your operating system from HP. Misr.exe also seems to be a driver for storage (perhaps Acard Artop Electronics, but other software appears to have the same .exe). If you're not using a storage program, would suggest you delete and leave in the recycle bin for a week or so to see if all is running well, if so, then delete permanently. Hope this helps.

Default thanks....

I'm gonna look into downloading the driver you suggested. The problem I've been running into goes back to task manager. I'm shown two prompts in applications for svchost.exe that are constantly either running or not responding. Also, I'm shown two prompts in applications for MsDirStat that are always running. I don't know what this means or how it affects my cpu. I'll be honest and say that most everything I've learned about my computer has been through trial and error or outside support. So, I'd appreciate any insight to this matter.

thanks again,
    Steve

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Let's back up a bit and check if you have any malware first. With that out of the way, we can look for further problems, if any. Please read this article, follow all the instructions and then post a HJT log http://www.help2go.com/postt8026.html . Remember, when downloading HJT to put it into its own file eg c:/hijackthis then it will keep all the reports in one place.