Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Justme...

I've got another question for this.

Will reformatting and installing Windows XP Pro help in solving the CPU problem? I've got a friend who's willing to help me do this (by providing the software). My sister-in-law is blaming ME for any problems that happens on this computer and I'm sick of it.

Justme...

TVMedia is now deleted - and the CPU is now running at around 70 and 80%!!! This is a BIG improvement! I wish I could get it lower, but this will make me look like a hero around here, I hope!

Many, MANY thanks!

Yes reformating and reinstalling the Op system makes everything, in theory like new again. The problem is you can NOT use your friends XP program. One XP for one PC. You will not be able to register it, will only work a short time and not be able to get updates.

Win ME is generally thought to be the worst Operating system Microsoft ever created. If the system can support XP it is a worth while upgrade.

Cheers

Hi

Unless you can educate your brother into having a firewall and running some preventative programs ... you are wasting your time...

In the short time between your logs being posted ... you have picked up more malware than you had to start with ...

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {707E6F76-9FFB-4920-A976-EA101271BC25} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\TV MEDIA\TvmBho.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe (resource hog)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ALCHEM] C:\WINDOWS\ALCHEM.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ClrSchLoader] \Progra~1\Lycos\IEagent\Loader.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CX] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\CX.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WebRebates0] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WEB_REBATES\WebRebates0.exe"

reboot and delete the :-

C:\PROGRAM FILES\WEB_REBATES ... folder
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\Lycos ... folder

C:\WINDOWS\alchem.exe ... file

.....The entire contents of the C:\windows\temp folder ( Do NOT delete the folder itself)

I'm assuming you dealt with Tvmedia

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12