Thread: PC Bug doctor

Default PC Bug doctor

Can anyone tell me if this program works. I was surfing jave sites and I came across a free download and downloaded this program I then scanned my computer and it found 368 errors. and when I tried to fix the errors it said that I needed and unlock key for $$. I would like to know if this program is worth the $$, so if anyone has used it pleases tell me your results. Thanks

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Animallvr,

This is a very common practice, offer free analysis but to get rid of the problems you've got to buy the program. I haven't heard of this one, however if you go to our recommended software page you will find free programs that will keep your computer clean. http://www.help2go.com/article163.html . If you want to buy an excellent cleanup program I would suggest Windows Washer (about $30. US), but the free ones as long as they are used and updated (applies to all programs) on a regular basis are just as good. Also take the time to browse through some of our articles on keeping your computer safe, well worth the time. Hope this helps

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I can just about say that the so called report is rubbish and is fictitional for one reason, trick you into buying something that you do not need.
    There are free alternatives, many which exist withing the System Tool section of Windows Start>Programs>Acessories section.
    Have a lookat http://www.it-mate.co.uk/support/idsuite.asp for a few free goodies, especially the index Dat suite. A little buggy but on the right track. A new beta version is out.

As long as you have and use the free Adaware or Spybot for ridding a system of spyware and adware, A decent Anti Virus Scanner (AVG is good and free), a firewall (Zone Alarm rocks) and an hijack scanner then there is no real need for anything else.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.