Thread: NAVW32.EXE

Steph

Default NAVW32.EXE

ZoneAlarm keeps advising me that this file is trying to access the internet. So far I've denied access but when I did a search I found information that said to uncheck "Enable Office Plug In" in the Options/Misc tab of NAV (2004 version). At the moment this box is checked.

Not sure what an office plug in is :? but does anyone know if the advice to disable it sounds right? And what is this file for anyway? So far I haven't noticed anything not working properly by not allowing access (I'm applying Basement's rule of thumb here!)

Thanks in advance

Steph

Cut and Pasted : Ricx wrote:

rickx

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:47 pm Post subject: Try this Post #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Steph,
    Follow this link for more details about navw32.exe. http://www.net4nowtforum.co.uk/archi...ex.php/t-14260

Hope this helps

Steph

Hiya Basement - thanks for the reply. That was the information I'd found as well which said to uncheck the "Enable Office Plug in" thingy. Unfortunately, the Symantec link referred to is no longer available. As you found the same info and didn't see anything to object to in it, I'll take it that it's OK to uncheck etc.

Cheers
    Steph

PS I love your new sign-off whatever it's called, by the way - that's definitely the way I intend to go - skidding in broadside !! :lol:

Hi Steph:

I did not write/find this. I just copied and pasted another topic a guest posted for you to see. They started a new thread/topic and thought that maybe you would not see it, so I added it to your topic.

Cheers

Steph

OK Basement, thanks - I hadn't realised. (And thanks to Rick for posting that info )

As I said, that was the link I'd come across as well before posting my query here - do you think the suggestion can be relied on and is it OK to uncheck "Enable Office Plug in" ? (Not sure what an office plug in is and what happens if its unplugged!)

Any comments/advice appreciated.
    Thanks
    Steph