Thread: Search 2020

tara420

Default Search 2020

I have search 2020 in my add/remove programs list and i can not remove it. I am not a computer whiz and i have tried everything other sites have suggested and it is still there!! Please help!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

My research indicates that if you can't remove it using Add/remove the following should get rid of it
    Manual removal
    Please follow the instructions below if you would like to remove 2020Search manually. Please notice that you must follow the instructions very carefully and delete everything that is mentioned. In most cases the removal will fail if one single item is not deleted. If 2020Search remains on your system after stepping through the removal instructions, please double-check by stepping through them again.
    Start the registry editor. This is done by clicking Start then Run. (The Run dialog will appear.) Type regedit and click OK. (The registry editor will open.)
    Delete 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Toolbar \ WebBrowser \ {4E1075F4-EEC4-4A86-ADD7-CD5F52858C31}, if it exists.
    Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Toolbar \ {4E1075F4-EEC4-4a86-ADD7-CD5F52858C31}', if it exists.
    Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ CLSID \ {4E1075F4-EEC4-4a86-ADD7-CD5F52858C31}', if it exists.
    Exit the registry editor.
    Restart your computer.
    Delete the following files:
    %WinDir%\2020install.exe
    %WinDir%\2020search.dll
    %WinDir%\mssvr.exe
    %WinDir%\svchost.exe
    Note: %WinDir% is a variable (?). By default, this is C:\Windows (Windows 95/98/Me/XP) or C:\WINNT (Windows NT/2000).
    If you are not comfortable using regedit, read the following post, follow all instructions and then post a Highjack This log to this thread. http://www.help2go.com/postt8026.html . Hope this helps