Default Search Engine Rankings

Can anyone tell me how i can get my website to appear on the first page of major search engine results? I have just started a small business and i made a website last week using Zyweb. I know nothing about making websites so i used Zyweb because although they are more expensive than most web hosts they provided an easy step by step template system and i found it a lot easier than i expected. I only need to make two sales per month to cover the hosting fees so i was very optimistic. I used what i think are very good keywords to help get the site highly rated but so far it does not appear. I also submitted the site to Yahoo and Google manually. Anyone got any tips?

As far as I know the listing of web sites is determined by the number of hits to that site on that subject.

The most popluar sites are on the first pages. If your site is not very popular it could be back thousands of pages.

Cheers

But unless my site appears on search engines nobody knows about it so i don't get any hits.

You can buy adds on goggle here:

https://adwords.google.com/select/ma...subid=rp&hl=en

Found this program, it can help you select key words:

http://www.goodkeywords.com/

Cheers

Hi Grezaldo,

Don't know much about this topic myself but I thought Whoozhe's answer to a similar question a few days ago was quite interesting. CLICK HERE FOR THREAD