Thread: HP scanner

CA1Concerto

Default HP scanner

Hello Fellow comp friends:

THis is my first time using this website. I had a HP scanner and it died on me , so I bought a new one and it starts to load it and when I get to 23% complete it comes up with a fail notice. I spent a total of 5 hours on the phone with both Dell and HP trying to load it in. I even retured that scanner and bought different HP scanner and the same thing is happening. It gets to loading the photogallery at 23% when the fail notice appears. I have uninstalled it each time as instructed. It could be a virus. I have run several virus programs and am running a new one now called house call. If anyone has an idea short of reformatting my hard drive I"m all ears!!!

Do you have the scanner plugged into to the PC while you are down loading/installing the program ? If so, down load the program first THEN plug in the scanner.

Cheers

CA1Concerto

Default hp Scanner

I did it first the way the directions stated without it plugged in and then with Dell tech support with it plugged in. Neither way worked. I apprecite you response.

Thanks
    CHeryl

Did you completely uninstall the old HP program for your old HP scanner ?

What model HP scanner did you get ?

Are you running any other type of pic program? maybe a conflict.

Cheers

dpdapper

Default hp Photogallery Conflict

I am having exactly the same problem--while trying to load software for an HP all-in-one (Officejet 4215), the software installation hangs while trying to install the Photogallery component. Neither HP nor Dell support has been able to resolve, including trying all of the fixes recommended here.

Any other ideas?