Default msgsrv32 not responding

Anytime I get on my PC, it doesn't respond until I hit control, alternate, delete and see that "msgsrv32 is not responding". Most of the time if I end task on it, I can get on. I have installed a printer/scanner combo and it won't respond either. I know it's hooked up right, I did print a test page, but every time I try to do anything on it, it won't work. Again, I hit the control, alternate, delete button and it says "Lexmark X1100" not responding. Thanks for any help you can give!

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

This is caused by the horrible Windows Power management or misbehaving Screen Savers.
    Microsoft's solution is as follows.

1. Quit any running programs, and then test to determine if a specific program is causing this behavior. If you quit all running programs and the issue is resolved, one of the programs that was running is the cause of this behavior. If this does not resolve the issue, continue to step 2.

NOTE: This issue is often caused by screen saver programs.
    2. Disable power management. To do so, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Power.
    3. In the Power Management box, click Off (or click the "Allow windows to manage power on this computer" check box to clear it).
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart your computer.

If the behavior continues to occur, follow these additional steps:

1. In Control Panel, double-click System.
    2. On the Device Manager tab, double-click the System Devices branch to expand it.
    3. Double-click Advanced Power Management Support.
    4. On the Settings tab, click the Enable Power Management Support check box to clear it, and then click OK.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Restart your computer when you are prompted to do so.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.