Default please help-disk space

hello all, i hope someone can help me fix this problem!!! i go to try and download something, and then it promts me to save to disk, so i click ok and then a minute later a message pops up saying there is not enough room on the disk to save and then name of the file, which the computer is saving it to c:windows/temp, when i did not prompt it to save it to the temp file. then right after that message, another pops up and says, you have run out of room on c:/ press disk clean up to remove any unneeded files, etc. so, the first time i did that and cleaned the temp files and the recycle bin, i tried downloading the file again, but it says the same thing every time. i even tried downloading the file to the d:/ drive or another location, and those two messages still pop up. i even went ahead and deleted a lot of files i didnt need one by one to clear up some space to see if that would work, but it seems like no matter how much space i clear up, the messages pop up regardless. does anyone know how to fix this or know what the problem is? i appreciate any help. thank you!!

Please tell us what operating system you are running and hard drive info. Click on "My Computer", then right click on the C drive. That will open a window. Click on "properties". That will tell you how much used and free space you have on your drive. Post that info as a reply in this thread. While you are there, there is a box that says "disk clean up". Go ahead and do that, it will get rid of temp files and stuff in recycle bin. You can also click on the "tools " tab and defragment the drive. This makes better use of the space you have. Charlie

i am using windows 98 and it says the used space is 11.1 GB and the free space is 137MB

Your hard drive if FULL ! I am surprised it is even working

Remove all unneeded program/ files. Delete the temporay internet files empty recycle bin and defrag as instructed by Grim.

On a 11 gig HD you need to free up about 2 gig and thats a lot of stuff.
    If you have a CD writer start putting this on a CD to free up more space.

Cheers

You are out of disk space, With only 137 mb of space, you don't have any room to function. The computer actually uses some of the hard drive for extra memory while running programs. Do the disk clean up. Empty your recycle bin. That will free up some space. Your options are either to delete files from your drive or add a second hard drive for more storage. Do you download music? That will take up alot of space. If you have music files on your drive, you could burn them to a CD, then delete them from your computer. It is also possible that you have just accumulated stuff over time and need to clean things up.
    If you haven't defragmented yet, hold up until we get a second opinion. I'm not sure if it can defragment OK with so little free space. Defragmenting is kind of like rearranging the furniture. It is hard to do if you don't have some free space. Charlie