Default Help. Computer under attack.

I have recently moved and when I added a continuous cable modem, I have been under heavy bombardment with pop ups and spyware. System runs real sluggish and slow. I have GhostSurf Pro and Webroot Spy Sweeper but they do not seem to be doing much. How can you help?

Please tell us what operating system you are using. If you are using XP, make sure you activate your firewall. If you are not using XP, perhaps you should consider getting a firewall. Once you have a firewall up and running, you can make your computer invisible to the outside internet. You might also consider switching from Internet Explorer to the Mozilla browser. It has a built in pop up control and is not as prone to security problems. Download available at www.mozilla.org
    Charlie

I have Windows XP Professional Version 2002. I have a Pentium 3 pro with 930 mhz. I have always heard that having a firewall prevents you from downloading music. I use Kazaa Lite and that's mainly what I use my computer for.

The music downloads are probably where your problems are coming from. At the very least, install a firewall and use it except when downloading music. That probably won't do alot of good because your computer is sitting there as an unprotected target while you are downloading. Charlie