Default DVD R/W choppy freezing pic

I recorded a television show and burned to a DVD R/W using HT Burn, which converted the mpeg to dvd...the pic is choppy and freezes a lot, I admit I am a novice, but with all new equip, this confounds me...any suggestions on how to eliminate this would be most apprecited, thanks! You can message me or answer here, thanks!
    sammy :roll:

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

There are a number of causes for losing fames when capturing, encoding and burning DVD.
    Hardware is one main problem. The CPU, graphics card and memory must be able to handle the huge amount of recources needed. The higher the frame rate the better the quality but the more resources are used.
    The one rule is you cannot improve picture quality from an inferior source so the first thing to do is make sure the original capture is of a high standard.
    Some more info on what video you are caputing, from what source and some details about your system will help with providing further help.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

8) thanks for the advice, seems as though the source was slightly corrupted but your heads up advice made me look at my cpu and graphics card to be sure, so thanks!!!