Thread: P2P

Default P2P

Guys, where can I get the best P2P software for my RedHat Linux 9,

Please Helpe me

Tnx!!!

As far as any P2P, just asking for problems in the long run.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Basementgeek
    As far as any P2P, just asking for problems in the long run.

Cheers
    Thats a bit of a generalisation in my opinion. Yes, there are definate downsides and dangers with P2P (especially for the newbie) but there are also positive points. For example many game/software developers are now using P2P (particularly Bittorrent) to distribute their ever larger promo demos. The logic being why waste money on their own servers and bandwidth when their potential customers can just share the demo amongst themselves. A lot of abandonware also to be found on P2P....its not all bad. I think a little education goes a long way. If you familiarise yourself with basic online security (AV, firewalls etc) as well as using some common sense, then P2P doesn't HAVE to be a dangerous world.

As far as Linux P2P I'm afraid I have no idea as I know zilch about Linux. See what others have to say or Google it!

With the understanding that Linux users should have the opportunity to access anything Windows users do, including adware,spyware, and viruses; follow this link
    http://www.gnutelliums.com/

Yes I did generalize when I recommend not using P2P.

It does depend on the users level of experience, but any time anybody asks about P2P I am going to recommend don't do it. I figure if they lack the knowledge to do it, they will be better off not doing it.

Cheers