Thread: Audio

Default Audio

Hi! I am trying to get my computer Audio system working. I believe my speakers work - but I don't know how to check them and I get no sound. Can anyone give me specific directions to test the speakers - so far - No Sound - no CDs, no radio, no nothing. Thank you for your help.

Pat Dorsz

Hi, Pat50. I think you may have to give some info about your system, spec, OS, whether or not it's a new problem, new PC etc. Do you have the driver disk for your soundcard? If you don't know what soundcard you have, visit the following website, download and run "Belarc Advisor", then come back here with specs and tell us if you have the drivers for your soundcard.
    I only know this because I've just had exactly the same issue, but I've had to order a new card from ebay. paulo.

HI
    As paulo said [ good advice] need spec ect, but i know this sounds silly but i have done it myself , have you got the jack plug for the speakers in the correct socket on back of pc.
    IF you have got them in correct socket, and they do not work ,have you got or know someone who has an old set of working pc speakrs you could try, then if they work you will know it is your speakers,
    Regards Stoney

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

The fastest way to test the speakers is use headphones in the socket. if they work then the speakers are the Problem.
    As said some idea of what sound system you have will help. is it a sound card or is it onboard???
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.