kkhm207

Default photo cd problems

Received a photo cd from a relative. Inserted into cd drive and waited for the download to finish while on-line. Unable to bring up anything on my desktop. Have done this several times with a photo cd from Kodak without any problems. Thanks for any advise.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

It depends on what software was used for creating the CD
    Is this a slide show or are the pictures plain jpg files.
    You can view most formats using something like Irfanview. It is free from www.irfanview.com) This gem can view and convert just about any format.
    With free plug ins I even play my mp3 through it, in fact it is my default MP3 player.
    If the CD is a slide show the sender should have included a player. Most slide show applications allow this.
    If the slide show is a PPT file then it was made using Power Point. You can download a free viewer from www.microsoft.com
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

kkhm207

Default Re: photo cd problems

Quote Originally Posted by kkhm207
    Received a photo cd from a relative. Inserted into cd drive and waited for the download to finish while on-line. Unable to bring up anything on my desktop. Have done this several times with a photo cd from Kodak without any problems. Thanks for any advise.
    A friend informed me to go to Start, Right click, Right click on Explore, and scroll until I found some numbers followed by (D This opened my cd right up and I was able to view my photo's! Perhaps this will be useful to other novices like myself.