Default LSP-Fix screen question

I want to follow the steps outlined in "Sticky: Browser hijacks, spyware problems: read this BEFORE posting" so I can ask for help with a winupd.dll problem I am having.

I ran the LSPFix.exe program on my computer at home, which does not exhibit the winupd.dll problem. I wanted to run through the whole "Sticky: Browser hijacks, spyware problems: read this BEFORE posting" procedure on a good system to compare results when I run the "Sticky: Browser hijacks, spyware problems: read this BEFORE posting" procedure on the "winupd.dll error" system.

The LSP-Fix screen shows "Keep: mswsock.dll-tcpip, winrnr.dll-NTDS, and rsvpsp.dll-(Protocol handler). Remove: vlsp.dll (Protocol Handler)". The lspfix.txt file mentions that the lspfix program repairs "Internet connection problems". The help file sounds like it may affect my internet connection seriously but my PC does not have a problem connecting to the internet.

I would think that if my PC did not have an internet connection problem then LSPFix would not find anything to fix.

Should I allow LSPFix to "fix" an internet connection problem that I don't have? Thanks

If you still have internet connection at this time, don't worry about doing anything with this program. How ever this should be saved/stored someplace where you can find it, incase you need it. Suggest a "floppy disk"

Cheers

So if I am following a procedure that indicates to use LSPFix, I should only use LSPFix if internet connection is a problem? I am troubleshooting a winupd.dll error and internet connection is OK so I can safely proceed to the next step?

That sounds like what you are writing. I just want to make it painfully clear to a beginner like myself. Thanks

HI blastra

We always advise that you download lspfix the reason is just in-case during any of the procedures on rare occasions removing some spyware may break internet connection so carry on with the rest of the procedures and keep lspfix just in-case you need it

Regards Stoney

HI

Do NOT remove the Vlsp.dll file ... it is a valid file.....

V-One Smartpass (Wireless Networking Card Related) , http://www.v-one.com/techsupport/tn008.htm

Are you using this software ?

Run hijackthis and see if this entry appears in your log :-

O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'vlsp.dll' missing

If it does ...run lspfix again and tick the "i know what i'm doing "box and click finish.

cheers

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -