Default Computer Problem

I recently tried to do a system recovery to discover my disk is either damage or has an error. So I did a step by step confirmation. Now my computer will not boot properly. When I turn it on, it goes to windows start-up menu. When I press 1 for a normal set-up it starts to boot then it beeps and some kind of letter ot computer code comes upand then shuts off. The only way I get on it is by safe mode. Also my cd and disk drive is in MSDOS mode. please help, thank you in advance.

Default Re: Computer Problem

Quote Originally Posted by seastar0321
    :I recently tried to do a system recovery to discover my disk is either damage or has an error. So I did a step by step confirmation. Now my computer will not boot properly. When I turn it on, it goes to windows start-up menu. When I press 1 for a normal set-up it starts to boot then it beeps and some kind of letter ot computer code comes upand then shuts off. The only way I get on it is by safe mode. Also my cd and disk drive is in MSDOS mode. please help, thank you in advance.
    :!: I've probably crashed and rebooted my PC a dozen times last month trying new stuff. Can not count the number of times I have reinstalled Win98 in the last few years or had to reformat my harddrive because of some Win98 problem. I can try sending you the boot files I use on a diskette which allows me to do a reinstall of Win98SE from the CDROM. The files include other utilities, format, scandisk, etc which I suggest you read the help file before using. It creates a virtual RAM section on your PC under 2 MB so you can use the utilities. If you made a recent boot disk using Win98SE install, you may already have this information. You will need to put this disk into your A drive and then boot up. Follow on screen instructions. Let me know if this helps or if you need files. You may have gotten better information by the time you get back and read this.