Default help posting pictures online

:?: Can anyone direct me to a place I can learn how to post a picture or icon on a web site? Thanks ahead of time!

Member Help2Go Moderator

Well first off, you need to get webspace. There are a couple of free hosts for web space out there. Namely Geocities (by yahoo), Angelfire, Lycos..etc.etc..Once you sign up for the web hosting you then need to get an FTP client. Some of the ones recommended by Help2Go are FileZilla and SmartFTP. Once you install a FTP client you then need to upload the file to your web space. You use the FTP client to do so. For instructions on how to use the FTP program and how to upload to your webhost you can view the help files for both. Then, depending on where/how you wanted to show that picture you'd either link to it using something like..

http://www.theWEBhostYOUchoose.com/~...omePICTURE.jpg

or..
    You'd create an HTML file and put something like this in it..

Code:
    And then upload the .html file and the .jpg file to your webpace and have people open the HTML file to see hte picture.

ANy more questions feel free to ask

Partieā„¢

Default Thanks

Now to see if I can do this! Gotta say this is a wonderful site :wink: for us computer illiterate newbes! THANKS!