Default Can't connect to DHCP

Hi everyone, i cant get my computer to connect to my DHCP, i bought a new wireless router the other day and it still doesnt connect. i haved tryed countless release and renews, restarted my computer many times, and still i cant get it to connect. can anyone give me any advise?

Thanks

Would help to know your operating system and the make of the router and wireless card in your computer. Charlie

sorry, i was very frustrated when i posted and forgot to include that info my router is a D-Link DI-514. and my network card(s) are Intel PRO 10/100 / wirless B. i cant get an ip on either card, my wireless doesnt even pick up the wireless network.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I just returned my D-Link DI-514 as there seems to be a problem between cable company and this model. After I did get it 'working' with assistance from both cable company and D-Link it still kept disconnecting all 3 computers and freezing the laptop constantly. When I took it back to the store and they finally decided to give me a refund the tech finally admitted that he had heard that there were these problems. I've now decided to hardwire the house.

My network is all D-Link, but I used a wired router with a woreless access point added. My first bit of advice for anyone setting up a home network is get all equipment from the same manufactuer (your choice of which one). That way all equipment is set to the same default and usually works with each other right out of the box. If there is a problem, you only have to deal with one company. When you use different companies, they pass the buck and tell you it is the other guy's fault. I checked out the D-Link web site, there are some firmware updates available depending on the exact serial number.
    http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=226
    Also manuals etc, but you probably already have that. What ever path you take, take it one step at a time.
    Charlie