Default dumping physical memory to disk.....HELP!!

My wife recently tried to install a firewall via Comcast. Upon final installation she was prompted to reboot the computer. We have since been only able to attempt at loading our operating system. Right before we would normally enter our username and password, we get the blue screen saying "dumping physical memory to disk". It then begins a countdown from 00 to 99 and the process begins again. I've been able to open our "os" with safe mode but still require direction. I am in DESPERATE need of assistance as I'm not aware of anything I've done to cause this or can do to correct the situation............HELP, please!!!

StoneO

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated......thank you

P.S- We're currently forced to use Mother In Laws computer...........HELP!!!!

Hello Stone0 - What operating system are you using please?
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Try booting into safe mode. Tap F8 during boot. Once into safe mode try this-
    1. If running XP, try system resore to a point before the program was installed. If that doesnt work, boot into safe mode and pick "last known good configuration"
    2. If running Win 98. bring up list of programs and mouse over the newly installed program and see if you get an uninstall option. If not, go to add/remove programs (in control panel) and try to remove it. Reboot

If you can't boot into safe mode, let us know and be sure to include your operating system. Charlie

Default dumping physical memory

...sorry, I'm using Windows 2000. I've been able to gain access through Safe Mode. However, I'm unable to unistall the firewall completely. I'm still stuck with the dumping of physical memory. I welcome any and all advice, and thanks for the quick response. What's my next move? Any idea as to wether or not this has affected my hard drive?

HELP!!!!

StoneO

thanks again for the responses....

Did you try "last known good configuration"? You should get that option when you boot in safe mode. Found this site with more info
    http://www.itnetcentral.com/pcworld/...World&leveli=0
    Charlie

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Physical memory dump usually occurs when you don't have enough memory or the page file is not big enough.
    Installing this firewall may have just pushed the system over the line.
    A combination of too little physical memory and too little spare Hard Drive space is probaly the cause.
    Adding more memory may fix the problem.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default How do I add memory....

Ok, I'm a novice to things of this nature. How do I add memory? Even in safe mode theres nothing I can accomplish. I was told I might have to reconfigure my hard drive. I was going to reinstall my Windows NT but am lacking the verification code.....any ideas?

StoneO

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

First forget Windows NT. It is way out of date and was designed specifically for networking and not for a single use system. It wasn't even Internet savvy.
    As for adding memory you need to determine exactly what memory you have.
    The best method is remove the existing memory and take it to a store.
    They can then identify the type and recommend an upgrade.
    Alternativelt download Fresh Diagnosis from www.freshdevices.com. It is free and will identify all components.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.