Thread: video

alucard

Default video

I have a Sony Vaio
    I have lost all video-news,music.it also states no camera can be detected (logitech quick cam pro 3000) I recently downloades SP2 and DVD one copy--Please help-I have tried everything thanks

thomas2043@sbcglobal.net

Assuming you are running XP. Suggest you 'Restore' to pre-SP2 installation and see if this sorts your problems. SP2 is creating a LOT of problems for MANY people. Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Default video

I have done the restore prior to SP2 and still I can't see any videos or news clips. Hope you have more suggestions-thanks

thomas2043@sbcglobal.net

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Can you see normal graphics ok. (Screen, pics etc)
    First check the resolution setting in the Display section of the control panel (or right click on a blank area of the desktop and choose Properties/Settings.
    It should be 16-32 bit color.
    If this is all ok then consider download update files for your graphics card.
    the last but not least is your media player.
    If that has been damaged then it will need to be reinstalled. Sometimes the association between players and browsers comes unstuck.
    before you do all this remove the camera.
    get everything else working first then reinstall the camera also with aupddated drivers.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.