Thread: Viewing videos

Default Viewing videos

Hi everyone, since I got my pc back from the shop I can no longer view video..I belong to a club much like this one for my dog club and sometimes members will put a small clip of their dogs on for viewing and I can no longer view them...any suggestions as to what I can try???? :cry:

Do you know what program you were viewing them with before? You may need to reinstall that program. Could be Windows Media Player, Real Player, Quick Time or one of many other posibilities. You may just need to associate the file type with the proper player. After you download a file, right click on it and select "open with", then "choose program". Pick the program you want to use to view file. Charlie

Hi when I go into view the videos it says (once I right click) windows media player cannot play this file, connect to internet (which I already am) or insert the removable media on which the file is located and then try to play the file again....Please help I have no idea what this means at all :cry:

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

What is the format of the file(s). Rt click>properties. Are you viewing these on the internet or downloading to you pc to play?

Hi the format is WMV when I right click on properties that is all it tells me...do you think it has anything to do with the fact that lava was put on my pc when it was in for service..maybe something is blocking it from viewing properly..........I am so upset :cry:

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I would guess that the proper codecs are missing. Download and install a fresh copy of Windows Media Player. It will come with the right codecs.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

funny you should suggest this, because before I posted my last post I did just that and still no luck...the version I downloaded was called windows media 9...any other suggestions???

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Version 9 can have problems with pre XP versions of windows.
    What I should have asked is what type of video are you refering to?
    There are a few different ones. eg MOV files need Quicktime for viewing.
    If you are talking about DVD's WMP does not play them.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.