Thread: script error

Default script error

unable to open norton one button checkup or microsoft baseline analyzer. receiving following error messages. - "an error has occurred on this script on this page

line: 49
    char: 4
    error: object doesn't support this property or method
    code: O
    URL: file // C:Program Files |Microsoft Baseline Security Analyser\ new version.
    html

do you want to continue utilizing scripts on this page?
    yes/no
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this page. as a result, the page may not display properly".

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

When it asks "do you want to continue utilizing scripts on this page?
    yes/no" what do you do? Try yes and then does the program work? To run, it looks like it needs Active x, you can activate it by opening Internet Explorer>tools>options>security>internet>Custom Level button>scroll down to 'Script Active X controls marked safe for scripting' and enable. If this doesn't fix it, you could try the prompt setting on the other Active X entries. For your information, Active X is considered to be a potential security problem used by hackers & malware. Take a look at this http://www.halcyon.com/mclain/ActiveX/Exploder/FAQ.htm .

Default script error

thanks for your prompt reply. continue to receive message errors. do you recommend the xploder program?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

No, I wasn't recomending the xploder program, sorry if I gave that impression. Basically I wanted to give you some information to alert you to the possible dangers of Active X. So long as you are aware that there are possible dangers and are willing to keep Active X going do so. I allow it, but I'm also aware of what I'm saying yes to when on the internet. You can try the settings and see if it helps your situation, if so just be aware of the sites you go to and what you allow to be downloaded to your pc. If you do regular house keeping .. disk cleanup, have a good virus scanner (AVG free is excellent) and a firewall (Zone Alarm free excellent) .. see this article http://www.help2go.com/article152.html you should be fine.

Hope this is helpful

Member Help2Go Moderator

Do you happen to have SP2 for Windows XP? If you do, then do you happen to have the Security Analyzer V. 1.2.1? If not you need to get it
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../mbsahome.mspx

The older versions of the MBSA will NOT work on SP2 for Windows XP.

Might even want to check out to see if Nortons programs are having problems also.

Partieā„¢