Default Unable to use wordpad and MSword programs

Greetings everyone,

First, I have to embarrasingly admit to you all that I have an old computer, I bought it used, the windows version on it is 95 and my ISP is AOL. :cry:

This problem that I have been having for the past three days now. I cannot pull up my wordpad or my MS word programs. Whenever I try to always get this gray rectangle that pops up. The message on it says:

This program has performed an illegal operation and will shut down. If the problem persists, then contact the program vendor.

Is there anyone here who can help me out with this??

==========================================

A problem that seems to be related (possibly because they both started happening at the same time span) is that I am unable to print anything at all. The same message pops up if I try, but in the upper left corner of this particular one says WAOL whereas in the other one, it just has a red X inside of a circle in the upper left corner.

So, these are my annoying problems right now. I'm not able to access wordpad or msword AND I'm unable to print anything even off the target webpage.

Can someone help me please??

Thanx in advance,
    Damon.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Download the latest version of AOL and see if that helps. For your information, AOL has had quite a few problems. If you're not signed up, or coming up for renewal, would suggest you think about dumping it.