Thread: Cd burning HELP

Default Cd burning HELP

I'm trying to burn some compaq drives on a cd to put into a comp. I am working on and things aren't go so smoothly. I am using the only burning prog I have Nero and putting them on the cd its saying completed but whenm I put the cd that I put them on in the drive its saying theres nothing on the cd. I tried over and over again and its burning over and over and still nothing on the cd. I also tried another blank cd still same thing. PLEASE HELP :cry:

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi Philli, Try putting a new CD in your r/w. If Nero opens up, close it. Now go to Windows explorer and find the files you want to copy. Highlight the fie(s) rt click>copy, then in windows explorer find the r/w drive. Highlight or double click on the r/w drive and in the blank space rt click>paste, then rt click on the page where the files to be copied are and select 'Write these files to CD'...(you could drop and drag on desktop as well .. open the r/w file on desk top, find files to be copied and drag to the open r/w window. After you do this, in the upper left of the window there will be 'Write these files to CD' click on that and follow the simple instructions. Hope this helps.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

How are you burning? If you are using Nero Back Up then the only way to retrieve the files is using restore. That will then overwite the existing files on the Hard drive.
    If you just want to keep a copy of drivers etc then burn the CD as data (CD_ROM ISO)
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.